DIY Shelves from Leftover mywoodwall™ Panels
There are many ways mywoodwall™ real wood wall panels can add fresh look to a wall, but there are plenty of other uses of these versatile panels as well. By using some leftover pieces from your latest installation, these DIY custom mywoodwall™ wall-mounted shelves are a great way to create a unique and functional piece to add to any room. All you need are eight pieces of mywoodwall™, the included wooden shim, a few thumbtacks, scissors, and some super-strong Tesa™ double tape. Follow these steps below to create your own DIY shelves.
- Pick out eight leftover mywoodwall™ panels, find the best-looking ones to use in areas where they will have the most visibility.
- Take two mywoodwall™ panels, and using a couple pieces of Tesa™ tape, secure them back-to-back so the colored sides face out.
- Repeat with another two mywoodwall™ panels to create two vertical sides for your shelf.
- Cut the other four mywoodwall panels in half, and using two pieces of Tesa™ double tape, secure them back-to-back to create the four horizontal shelves.
- Take both vertical side panels, and with a pencil, mark where you want your shelves to go.
- One shelve can go across the bottom and the other across the top, space out the two remaining shelves how you would like and mark their location with a pencil.
- Stick a piece of Tesa™ double tape to one edge of each of your shelves, peel off the backing and align them to the marks on one of your shelf sides, press firmly to create a secure bond.
- Stick a piece of Tesa™ double tape on the other edge of each shelf, peel off the backing paper, align the shelves to the marks on the other side piece and press firmly.
- Take some wooden shims and thumbtacks, put fasten them at the corners of your shelves to act as braces until you mount your shelf. (Picture a1. And a2.)
- With your shelf assembled, stick some Tesa™ double tape on the back where it will adhere to your wall. Place Tesa™ double tape as shown in picture. (Picture b.)
- Make a mark on the wall where you want to install the shelf.
- Peel off the paper backing and stick your shelf to the wall. Press firmly so the Tesa™ tape can securely adhere.
- Remove wooden shims from front of shelf.
- The Tesa™ tape will be the strongest after 24 hours, so wait before adding any weight to your shelf.
With the unique finishes, hand-crafted look and range of available colors, a custom set of shelves is only the tip of possible DIY projects with mywoodwall™ panels. Check back because we’ll be releasing more mywoodwall™ DIY hacks soon, but in the meantime feel free to come up with your own fresh ideas and share photos of your creations with us.
mywoodwall™ Used: 8 pieces
Time spent: 30 minutes
Tools Used: thumbtacks, wood shims, scissors, Tesa™ double tape, level, sawDifficulty Level: Medium